Sunday, October 02, 2005

Serernity Now/Later/Forever, Oh That Would Be So Nice, And Also Angel, Because I Miss It

Yum, blogsploits. Anyway, following up on my earlier post, everyone should go see Serenity. It doesn't make up for losing the show, and there are still some Buffy and Angel episodes I would take over it, but it's a damn good movie.

For an explanation of why TV is the new 19th century novel, and Joss Whedon is the new Charles Dickens, check out Slate. Ooh, I see that the generally-pretty-kick-ass Dave Edelstein has a good review up too.

This is the part where I gloat. See, Jim, I told you Firefly/Angel/Buffy were awesome. As the Miami Herald pointed out last Friday, there are two types of people in this world: people who think Joss Whedon is a genius, and people who are wrong.

Which brings me to the point which will hopefully lead me to my next posts. That's right, posts, coming on Wednesday. Joss Whedon being the genius he is, after seeing Serenity I now know how to crack this column I've been thinking about since August. You're gonna see the mega-version that makes this all makes sense, in the form of a two parter tying together a review of Serenity with an explanation of the popularity of (a) psych services at Columbia and (b) religious colleges. What ties them together? Oh I don't know...maybe it's the HUMAN CONDITION.

So yeah, it's gonna be one of those postings. Be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home